Easy Cottage Cheese
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 Oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 32 oz. spaghetti sauce
- 5 oz. fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 6 oz. grated Parmesan
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella
- 24 oz. United Dairy cottage cheese
- 2 egg
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook ground beef in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Crumbling with a spatula as it cooks. Add garlic, , and a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Cook for about a minute, stirring occasionally.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into the pan and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl combine fresh spinach, ½ the mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, and a couple large pinches of salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Layer three noodles on the bottom of the dish, overlapping them slightly.
- Divide the spinach filling into ⅓’s. Spread ⅓ of the filling on top of the noodles.
- Drizzle a heaping ½ cup of meat sauce over the spinach filling and layer another 3 noodles.
- Spread another ⅓ of the creamy spinach filling on top of the noodles.
- Drizzle a heaping ½ cup of the meat sauce over the spinach filling and layer another 3 noodles.
- Spread remaining spinach filling over the noodles. Drizzle with a heaping ½ cup of the meat sauce and top with the remaining 3 noodles.
- Spread remaining meat sauce over the noodles in an even layer.
- Top lasagna with remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let sit at least 15 minutes, then slice. Enjoy!